Sunday, September 20, 2009

Premiere Week

Some of you may know that I didn't subscribe to television when I lived in Orlando. I had internet, so I watched things online. Now that I'm living at home, my television habits are back in full swing and there is a whole line-up of shows back in action this week. Let's break it down:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother
If you're not watching this show, you need to start. Following the lives of early-30-somethings in NYC, HIMYM is one of the funniest shows I've found on television. It has a silliness that everyone's witnessed in their respective night-out-situations while Ted narrates the story to his children. With each episode, the viewer comes closer to finding out the age-old question, how I met your mother. Dear Jason Segel: I've loved you on this show, but after I Love You, Man, I love you even more. Each episode brings a smile to my face.

Tuesday: The Good Wife
Mr. Big is back as a political figure who gets caught in the usual sex scandal. But this time, we get a glimpse into what may happen once the cameras are turned off. Julianna Margulies plays the wife of Chris Noth's character. Seeing her playing it cool during a press conference, then proceeding to slapping her husband in the face once they're alone has this girl wanting to know more.

Wednesday: Mercy
The commercial got me hooked on this new series, too. After returning from Iraq as a military nurse, Veronica uses her instincts to save lives in a U.S. hospital. She uses a straw to save a man in a car accident. What's not to love about medical improvisation?

Thursday: Grey's Anatomy
Last season's finale left me so stressed out, I'm already nervous. We left George on an operating table after being hit by a truck and Izzy was suffering complications from her surgery. We see them both in the after-life at the hospital, but it looks like one or both of them will be returning to Seattle Grace to continue their life. Who will it be? I'm on the edge of my seat, ready to find out!

In addition to a great week in TV, I also have the day off tomorrow. Don't get too jealous, I'll be working Tuesday through Saturday. But, having a three-day weekend this weekend is nothing to complain about!

And, check out my Examiner.com column for some snippets of Emmy fashion! Enjoy: http://www.examiner.com/x-14742-Indianapolis-Fashion-and-Style-Examiner

No comments: