Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!

Happy Friday!

I'm writing today from the comforts of the Panera Bread about 2 minutes from my apartment, hazelnut coffee as my companion for the morning. The new blog I posted earlier this week has me really motivated for life and what's to come. I'm realizing that writing is really important to me and while I have to do my 9-5 job (which is rarely ever 9-5, but you get what I mean), I want to make the time to what I LOVE to do. That means I got up when the alarm went off this morning instead of hitting snooze. I left my house at 7:30am to come hang out in a yummy coffee/bagel atmosphere so I can write down my thoughts for the masses to read. And I gotta tell ya: it's all worth it.

I think it's worth it to have the peace of mind that I'm doing something for ME. I like to workout a few times a week, and I think of that as ME time, too. But writing is one of those things that takes me somewhere else; away from my real life. Even if it's just for a little while, it's so worth it and refreshing. And I feel like I really accomplished something, so even if I still struggle to recruit volunteers or get people to listen to me about how I want to change the world, I know that personally, I've accomplished a great deal. I took the time out of my day to relax and refocus my energy into something other than work. It was such a great feeling to wake up today and not immediately think about work, which is what usually happens. I get up and as I shower and get ready, my JA to-do list gets longer and longer. Most days it's motivating to get up and get out the door, other days it's a drag. Either way, it's my job and I love it. But being able to get up and think about nothing but what I want to write about: now that's a nice change of pace, especially on a weekday. I told a friend that I'd have to start saving my writing for the weekends. Then I realized that's what I save EVERYTHING for: all my fun, relaxing things have to wait until Saturday or Sunday. So asked myself, why? Do I have to wait until the weekend to do what I WANT to do?

The answer is no. If it's something I want to do, I should be able to do it. If I can make it work into my schedule, then there is no reason whatsoever to not take time out of my day to chill and do something I love to do. Granted, this won't be an everyday occurrence, but this morning I've proved to myself that I'm capable of having it all, even if it's just once a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, go girl!